directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject [MINA] 0.9 Protocol implementations
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:15:54 GMT
Hi,

With the new APIs in 0.9 there are no differences between Io and
Protocol level filters and such.

One thing I found very useful in 0.8 was that one could implement a
complex protocol keeping separated the Io/Codec part of the protocol in
one hand and the management of the Protocol-level objects on the other
hand. What I could do with this is to easily define Mock implementations
of the Protocol level management by just connecting to a VMPipe instead
of a real socket. That way only Protocol level filters and handlers will
be used on the ProtocolHandlers and not any of the Io/Codec level stuff.

In 0.9 since there is no distinction between any of them, is there a
good pattern that one can use to achieve the same behaviour?

Any good ideas appreciated.

Jose Alberto