directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: [mina] Filter management (was Spring Integration)
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:34:02 GMT

________________________________

From: Trustin Lee [mailto:trustin@gmail.com]

	3) Jose: acceptor.bind(address, handler implements
FilterManager).

	During bind, is handler implements FilterManager, it is called
to set-up the chain for the port appropriately. (Problem: cannot use
same handler for similar protocols)

If we replace IoSessionManager-level filter chain with port-level one,
your solution becomes exactly same with that of Niklas.  Am I missing
something?

Niklas provided a preconstructed IoFilterChain, I am passing the code to
construct the IoFilterChain. That is the only difference. Should the
person doing the binding know which filters are needed for a protocol
provided in some other package? Or should that be expressed as part of
the code in the package providing the protocol implementation?

It is a subtle difference, but I think an important one.

Jose Alberto