directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yall need your own list
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:14:53 GMT
How about SSH and FTP?

The reason I ask...

I was thinking a good way to start growing would be to look within
Apache for people who you could work with, beyond those already
involved from Directory. commons-net and commons-httpclient spring to
mind, as does the incubating FTPServer.

Your mention of XML-HTTP and SOAP widens that a whole lot too :)

For SSH, we currently depend on Jsch on the client side pretty
heavily. It's BSD licensed, but from what I can tell there are not
many developers on it (maybe just 1) and there is no server side
offering which would be really handy. If it makes sense, I know of
others who'd be interested in collaborating on that including myself,
though interested != has available time, of course :(

Just some additional thoughts.

Cheers,
Brett