directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Using Ant + Forrest like Tapestry team does.
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:58:40 GMT
Thanks for the great quote, just some nit picks on your mail :)

On 15 Nov 2005 18:40:49 -0600, John E. Conlon <jconlon@verticon.com> wrote:
> * Jayasoft (Home of Ivy) is on the JSR 277 expert group and hopefully
> can help standardize some of their excellent Ivy technology features
> which I expect will make their way into M2.

Also worth noting that Apache is also on the expert group as a whole,
and so is Jason Van Zyl from Maven and Richard Hall from Felix as
independants.

> See: http://jayasoft.org/ivy/doc/comparison for a comparison of Ivy to
> other technologies including M1 & M2.

Way, way out of date (January, before Maven 2.0 had any public
releases). We've for the most part surpassed Ivy's feature set
(actually, in about March :)

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Feature+Comparisons

> ** Forrest (sub project of Cocoon)

Actually, Forrest is a project in its own right now
(http:///forrest.apache.org).

> So I expect even with out doing M2 plugins it will be easy to call
> forrest's ant build from M2 if I have to.

Absolutely, and I'm sure we could do a forrest plugin if there is interest.

Cheers,
Brett