directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yall need your own list (was: Re: [mina] Refactoring MINA IoFilterChain (Was: IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122))
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:05:14 GMT
+1 to a separate list.

-0 to a TLP. I don't quite understand the scope of MINA or its
potential for growth, so I'm not sure how viable it is in the long
term to support itself as a project and will leave that judgement to
others. But in the short term, there is no hope of this happening,
with one particular vital statistic:

$ svn log --xml | grep author | sort | uniq -c
     15 <author>akarasulu</author>
      5 <author>brett</author>
      1 <author>elecharny</author>
      1 <author>erodriguez</author>
      1 <author>noel</author>
    323 <author>trustin</author>

It needs more people. I know that's what Trustin desires to do, and I
think a separate list will help and also make it more apparent what
the community is around it.

Cheers,
Brett