directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Using Ant + Forrest like Tapestry team does.
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:42 GMT
On 11/15/05, Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@apache.org> wrote:
> daune.jf@daune-consult.com wrote:
>

> > I think Ivy is also worth taking a look at:
> >
> > http://jayasoft.org/ivy/doc/comparison
> >
> > I always hear good feedback from users.
>

> Ivy is indeed quite good. It does what it should do.
>
> I'm using it when I can, but documentation unfortunately lags 100 miles
> behind.

This was the impression I got from users as well.

There was some discussion about this on the Maven Users list a couple
of months back... this reminded me to put that thread together. Here
is a more up to date comparison of feautres (the link above is from
February before Maven was released)

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Feature+Comparisons

We're actually finding a few people are starting to use the Maven ant
tasks now for their dependency management without converting the
build.

Cheers,
Brett