directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] Object serialization integration to ByteBuffer (Re: Decoding/Encoding UTF representation)
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:25:14 GMT
Hi Alex,

2005/11/19, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:

> Wish we had a nice little toolkit for using ASN1 to serialize objects
> and deserializing them. This would be a great place to apply it.
> Marshalling and demarshalling would be fast on the wire.

I thought about this. The biggest problem is that the default
ObjectInput(Output) stream is too slow. It is because we have to create the
stream every time we call putObject or getObject. It is a huge performance
hit IIRC from my previous projects. So I extended ObjectInput and Output
stream for special purpose.

The idea is very good in general, but we have to find out the best way to
minimise the overhead. I'll post a JIRA issue for this.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/