directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] 0.9 Protocol implementations
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:52:16 GMT
Hi Jose,

Sorry for being late.

2005/11/14, Jose Alberto Fernandez <jalberto@cellectivity.com>:

> One thing I found very useful in 0.8 was that one could implement a
> complex protocol keeping separated the Io/Codec part of the protocol in one
> hand and the management of the Protocol-level objects on the other hand.
> What I could do with this is to easily define Mock implementations of the
> Protocol level management by just connecting to a VMPipe instead of a real
> socket. That way only Protocol level filters and handlers will be used on
> the ProtocolHandlers and not any of the Io/Codec level stuff.

VMPipe transport type is still being supported in 0.9, so you can use it
just like you did as before, but you'll have to remove the codec filter.

Yeah, right. Adding a specific codec in sessionCreated() method is not a
great idea because it couples handler and codec. If you're going to create a
highly reusable handler implementation, you'll have to wait for Dave's patch
as we discussed before. (Right, Dave? ;)

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/