directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] Using Maven multiproject (Was: Using Ant + Forrest like Tapestry team does)
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:50:09 GMT
Hi Brett,

2005/11/15, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com>:

> > I'd like to generate the five JARs when I run 'mvn package':
> >
> > * mina-all-<version>.jar, which contains classes from all subprojects
> > * mina-core-<version>.jar
> > * mina-extension-ssl-<version>.jar
> > * mina-integration-spring-<version>.jar
> > * mina-integration-netty-<version>.jar
>
> all can be done with the assembly plugin (descriptorId
> jar-with-dependencies) - an example is maven-artifact-ant in the maven
> repository.

I know the assembly plugin, but why should I specify assembly descriptor
file name when I run maven and not just 'jar'? Am I missing something here?

> Plus 'mvn dist' will have to generate two tarballs:
> >
> > * mina-<version>.tar.gz
> > * mina-src-<version>.tar.gz
>
> Also the assembly plugin -the default should suite (descriptorId of
> bin and src respectively).

I still have to specify descriptorId. It should be as simple as 'mvn dist'.

> For documentation, running 'mvn site' will have to generate one site
> > documentation that provides:
> >
> > * A single site like we ran 'mvn' site for one project; one JavaDoc, one
> > coverage report, ...
>
> Aggregation in the site is where we need to improve support (though m1
> didn't do it either). Custom solution or working with us on it will be
> required here. Each plugin needs some extra support to do this I think
> - eg clover needs to merge databases, javadoc needs to pull in
> multiple source directories.

So aggregation is not supported yet, and we'll need it soon.

That specific feature is planned for maven 2.1, but the way you do it now
> is:
>
> <dependency>
> <artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
> <exclusions>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> </exclusions>

This is great. Thanks for the info.

> PS: BTW I've found a bug that an eclipse project file generated by 'mvn
> > eclipse:eclipse' didn't include all JARs in the JRE such as jsse.jar.
> That
> > causes some build errors in Eclipse unfortunately. I did work fine with
> M1.
>
> I'm not familiar with that issue - can you ensure it has been reported?

It seems like it will be included in Maven 2.0.1:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-937

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/