directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yall need your own list
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:34:01 GMT
2005/11/16, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com>:

> How about SSH and FTP?

They are the protocol I just forgot to mention. ;)

The reason I ask...

> I was thinking a good way to start growing would be to look within
> Apache for people who you could work with, beyond those already
> involved from Directory. commons-net and commons-httpclient spring to
> mind, as does the incubating FTPServer.
>
> Your mention of XML-HTTP and SOAP widens that a whole lot too :)

Exactly. I'd like to cooperate with FTPServer team and many other ppl in
Apache to make this happen.

For SSH, we currently depend on Jsch on the client side pretty
> heavily. It's BSD licensed, but from what I can tell there are not
> many developers on it (maybe just 1) and there is no server side
> offering which would be really handy. If it makes sense, I know of
> others who'd be interested in collaborating on that including myself,
> though interested != has available time, of course :(

That's great! It would be really great! Any help will be appreciated
definitely. :)

Regards,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/