directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yall need your own list (was: Re: [mina] Refactoring MINA IoFilterChain (Was: IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122))
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:23:35 GMT
Hi,

2005/11/16, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com>:

> +1 to a separate list.
>
> -0 to a TLP. I don't quite understand the scope of MINA or its
> potential for growth, so I'm not sure how viable it is in the long
> term to support itself as a project and will leave that judgement to
> others. But in the short term, there is no hope of this happening,
> with one particular vital statistic:
>
> $ svn log --xml | grep author | sort | uniq -c
> 15 <author>akarasulu</author>
> 5 <author>brett</author>
> 1 <author>elecharny</author>
> 1 <author>erodriguez</author>
> 1 <author>noel</author>
> 323 <author>trustin</author>
>
> It needs more people. I know that's what Trustin desires to do, and I
> think a separate list will help and also make it more apparent what
> the community is around it.

You're right. I'm the only one who is checking in code to MINA now. But this
painful situation is going to change in the very near future. People started
to keep submitting patches and I've been really busy to apply the patches
and participating to the community discussion these days. So I believe we'll
get a few healthy committers soon and the community will grow up so fast.

I think this vote was a little bit earlier than I thought, so I expect many
'-1' casts. :)

Thanks Brett for your thoughtful advice.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/