directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Refactoring MINA IoFilterChain (Was: IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122)
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:57:25 GMT
2005/11/15, Niklas Therning <niklas@trillian.se>:

> I just realized that when calling IoSession.write() the concrete
> IoSession implementation will always know the final destination of the
> write event. For SocketSessionImpl the final destination is always
> SocketIoProcessor.
>
> So the IoFilterChain methods for downstream events look like this:
>
> void write( IoSession session, WriteRequest writeRequest, IoProcessor p
> ) throws Exception;
>
> SocketSessionImpl's write() method looks like this:
>
> public WriteFuture write( Object message ) {
> this.filterChain.write(this, new WriteRequest(),
> SocketIoProcesso.getInstance());
> }

What is the difference from overriding the head filter of
sessionmanager-level chain to call SocketIoProcessor.flush() explicitly? We
can still get rid of SocketSessionManagerFilterChain without introducing a
new parameter.

I'll check in this change so you can see it more clearly.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/