directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 01:07:16 GMT
Hi all,

Wow, there was a lot of conversation. :)

2005/11/15, Irving, Dave <dave.irving@logicacmg.com>:

> > Add a new interface which is the counter part of IoHandler.
> > I don't have a good name for it, let's call it IoProcessor for now.
> > IoProcessor looks something like this:
>
> > public interface IoProcessor {
> > void write( IoSession session, WriteRequest writeRequest );
> > void close( IoSession session, CloseFuture closeFuture ); }

> > Add some methods to the IoFilterChain interface:
>
> > void setIoProcessor( IoProcessor p );

This breaks OOP abstraction principal. What if a user calls setIoProcessor
innocently? It will break the whole MINA application. We shouldn't expose
this method in IoFilterChain. We have to use some internal class. So I
suggest you to mosify IoSessionManagerFilterChain to provide an IoProcessor
as a constructor parameter. This is the safer way.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/