directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Filter management (was Spring Integration)
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:27:43 GMT
Hi Jose,

2005/11/11, Jose Alberto Fernandez <jalberto@cellectivity.com>:

> This assumes you use only one Protocol on your server.

If you have to add common filters to all protocols running on your server,
you can extend an abstract IoHandler class which implements sessionCreated()
as I suggested.

The why I'm suggesting this way is because people usually creates their
protocol providers in a separate packages which can be used by other
software component. This means you don't have much control over the
IoSessionManager-level filter chain. If any filters which are essential for
running the protocol, it is natural to put it to the Session-level filter
chain.

So the consequent question would be: 'then what is the use of
IoSessionManager-level filter chains?' Well... Actually I'm also not sure
about the use of this chain. I'd like hear any use case / success story
related with it.

> 3) Jose: acceptor.bind(address, handler implements FilterManager).
>
> During bind, is handler implements FilterManager, it is called to set-up
> the chain for the port appropriately. (Problem: cannot use same handler for
> similar protocols)

If we replace IoSessionManager-level filter chain with port-level one, your
solution becomes exactly same with that of Niklas. Am I missing something?

> What I meant was 1.0 which would be the next stable release.

I see. :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/