directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina][ANN] MINA 0.8.1 Released: The Network Application Framework
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 04:35:29 GMT
The Apache Directory team proudly announces the release of MINA, a network
application framework, version 0.8.1.

Apache MINA (Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications,
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/) is a network application
framework which helps users develop network applications easily by providing
abstractions of network and protocol I/O layers.

The MINA project website includes resources such as a PDF introduction to
MINA ( http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/mina.pdf) and an
online tutorial (http://wiki.apache.org/directory/MinaTutorial ), which
includes implementation of the echo protocol, as well as an implementation
of a "reverse echo" to show how MINA can process data.

Feture List:

* Unified and extensible API for various transport types (TCP and UDP)
* In-VM pipe communication
* Provides both low-level and high-level API
* Stream-based asynchronous I/O support
* Filter interface as an extension point; similar to Servlet filters
* SSL support via SSLFilter thanks to Java 5 SSLEngine
* Built-in thread pool
* Unit-test your protocol without network connection
* Smooth migration from Netty, a popular NIO framework

Changes since 0.8.0:
Please visit our issue tracker (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10670&styleName=Html&version=12310370)
to see the list of issues.