directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Irving, Dave" <>
Subject RE: [mina] Refactoring MINA IoFilterChain (Was: IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122)
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:23:04 GMT
> Well the point, in this hypotetical case, is that I do not want to use

> this Blacklist filter on ALL my ports (IoAcceptor level). Lets assume
> filter is really part of the protocol I am implementing, independently
of whether
> I decide to use SSL or not.

Ok, I see. However, even in this hypothetical case: Wouldn't you just
configure SSL at the port level too (not acceptor level).
Then there wouldn't be a problem.

Sorry for probing - Im just trying to establish whether there is any
real need for exposing the whole chain on a per connection basis. If
there is, it makes this change a fair bit more complicated :o)

> It would be nice if at each level I can have access to
> the entire chain (from the socket to the handler) and for me to
manipulate as I
> please. You could be able to implement handlers that can reconfigure
its entire chain
> as they go, if so they please.

> Now, for this to be safe, you would need to do lazy copy, so that when
such an action
> occurs you stop sharing.

I hadn't planned to expose the whole chain as part of 121 / 122. I think
its probably quite a bit more complicated to implement than what we're
planning to do at the moment.
If we do really need it - it would be good to know at the earliest
opportunity - as Im starting to implement a proposed solution for
121/122 now

> Jose Alberto

and inform the sender. Thank you.

View raw message