directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Irving, Dave" <dave.irv...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: [mina] Refactoring MINA IoFilterChain (Was: IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122)
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:49:33 GMT
> So, there is no way for me to impose a Blacklist filter specific to a
handler before I do SSL
> and all other stuff someone else has configured already at port level?

Every filter has the ability to know what handler a filter invocation
applies to if it really needs to (Each filter method is given a
IoSession. Then there is IoSession#getHandler).

> Session level filters should only be used in very specific cases
related to the actual session you are working with.
> Hence, lazy copying will be reduced to a minimum.

So presumably your blacklist filter would be at the port (or even
session manager) level - in which case you would configure it to come
before SSL.

Could you explain the problem further as Im not understanding how the
proposed chains wouldn't work for your example.

Dave

and inform the sender. Thank you.