directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Irving, Dave" <dave.irv...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: [mina] Multiple IO processors?
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:14:57 GMT

Julien Vermillard wrote:

> Silly question you tried to add a ProtocolThreadPoolFilter ?

Im currently using the leader / follower pool for io processing - which
seems to be working very nicely: These threads are not suffering any
starvation at all - and there seems to be room going spare.
I haven't profiled in any great depth yet - but early indications are
that the SocketIOProcessor is getting maxed out (admittedly at very very
high rates: we're talking in the region of 6k HTTP request / response
cycles per second).
So I was wondering whether there might be any benefit in having one (or
more) additional processors (where it makes sense for the target
platform). Im running on an 8 CPU HP-UX box and seeing overal CPU
utilisation only hitting about 50% - but Im hitting a throughput limit.
Given that the SocketIOProcessor thread seems to be fairly maxed out, Im
starting to wonder whether some concurrency in this area would be
beneficial.
Im going to do some tests today...

Dave

and inform the sender. Thank you.