directory-dev mailing list archives

From Lyndon Washington <lyndon.washing...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding a Custom Partition Context
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:01:10 GMT
Hi,

I have taken a look at as much wiki and website docs on the subject of
custom context partitions, but I am still running into a limitation.

I have added my own CustomPartiton which extends AbstractContextPartition. I
have some configuration settings specific to my partition, so I have also
created a new ContextPartitionConfiguration which extends
MutableContextPartitionConfiguration.

Unfortunately, in my CustomPartition.doInit() method I attempt to test if
the configuration that is returned from
AbstractContextPartition.getConfiguration() is an instance of my new
configuration, and if it is I want to use the new configuration settings to
configure the custom partition. The implementation within
DefaultContextPartitionNexus.addContextPartition() creates a new
MutableContextPartitionConfiguration and copies the known values from the
config that was passed into that method, thus by the time my code is called
it is never an instance of my new configuration class.

Is this done to alleviate some known issue, or is it just an oversight. If
it is an oversight, I can fix my local sandbox with a 'short sighted'
implementation. If this is deliberately implemented this way, how are you
supposed to use a new type of ContextPartitionConfiguration?

Any help would be most appreicated.

Cheers,
-Lyndon-