directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Therning <nik...@trillian.se>
Subject Re: [mina] Please welcome Niklas Therning!
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:25:44 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As all of us noticed recently, Niklas Therning is the major
> contributor of the Apache MINA project.  The quality of his patches
> were great, and moreover he proved his merit as a committer of the
> Apache JAMES project.  So, the Apache Directory PMC decided to grant
> Niklas Therning an access to the source code repository a few days
> ago.  Let's welcome him like a family and build the better community!
>
> Cheers,
> Trustin

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm very pleased to be able to contribute to this great project. As
Trustin said I have had some previous experience with other open source
projects. In particular mime4j (www.mime4j.org) which has become a
subproject of the Apache JAMES project.

Apart from hacking on open source projects like MINA I work as a
software developer for Trillian AB (I'm also the co-founder) which is
based in Gothenburg, Sweden. In Trillian we focus on the development of
our anti-spam service, www.spamdrain.net, and when we run out of money
we also do some consulting :) . We are currently in the process of
migrating our proprietary NIO abstraction layer to MINA. So far this has
been a joyful experience!

Given that we're moving one of the core components of our service
platform to MINA I think I will be able to contribute substantially. So
far I have been involved in the Spring integration effort and at the
moment I'm working on completing the support for traffic control. After
that I will try to work on some of the bugs and issues listed in JIRA
which I hope will help me get a complete understanding of the inner
workings of MINA.

I'm glad to be on board!
/Niklas