directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r345612 - in /directory/shared/ldap/trunk/common/src/main/java/org/apache/ldap/common: name/DnParser.java schema/DnComparator.java
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:03:52 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Why don't we use pooling techinique?  We could use commons-pooling or
> our proprietary stack implementation. :)

What you talkin bout Willis? :) Proprietary?

> 2005/11/19, Emmanuel Lecharny < elecharny@apache.org
> <mailto:elecharny@apache.org>>:
>

>     > >Added a brutal and rude synchronization to avoid a race
>     condition in DnParser usage.
>     > >
>     > >At least, it corrects the problem, but the server is now 3
>     times slower.
>     > >
>     > >
>     > Darn I was enjoying the recent speed ups too.  We need to figure
>     this
>     > one out.
>
>     Well, after having tuned the log level, the penalty is not that
>     awfull :
>     something like 30%.
>
>     I got 113 search requests per second, against 143 req/s four month
>     ago.
>
>     There are huge areas of optimization to work on, but from now one,
>     I bet
>     the first move is to finalize the 1.0 beta. We don't need a
>     blazing fast
>     server which is full of bugs ;)

+1.  I think we should add features up until we get to a beta.  Then we
can spend our time optimizing.  Who knows what will happen to your
optimizations as new features are stacked on.  We might break them I
mean and you will have spent good time on it.  Then again I am enjoying
the performance boosts we have gotten from your recent work.  Thanks!

Alex