directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Yall need your own list
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:42:15 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

>+1 to a separate list.
>
>-0 to a TLP. I don't quite understand the scope of MINA or its
>potential for growth, so I'm not sure how viable it is in the long
>term to support itself as a project and will leave that judgement to
>others. But in the short term, there is no hope of this happening,
>with one particular vital statistic:
>
>$ svn log --xml | grep author | sort | uniq -c
>     15 <author>akarasulu</author>
>      5 <author>brett</author>
>      1 <author>elecharny</author>
>      1 <author>erodriguez</author>
>      1 <author>noel</author>
>    323 <author>trustin</author>
>
>It needs more people. I know that's what Trustin desires to do, and I
>think a separate list will help and also make it more apparent what
>the community is around it.

Yep this is what I pointed out.  I'm very interested to see some
community building around MINA.  MINA has the potential for use across
ASF projects and can stand on it's own if it has more committers.  This
was a poll to see what people think about the potential for the
project.  We can work on these statistics and have several users that
will soon be getting involved with the project.  Keep in mind Trustin
himself has been applying user patches for a year now: these statistics
overlooks user contributions.

IMHO *really* building the committer base will not be hard to do with so
many userss out there needing changes. This is a matter of time.

Alex