directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Yall need your own list (was: Re: [mina] Refactoring MINA IoFilterChain (Was: IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122))
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:26:29 GMT
Looks like the traffic is picking up on MINA and things are heating up
as we approach 1.0.  Initially my thought was to get a separate list for
MINA however I'm thinking it might be best to just see if we can promote
MINA to a TLP.  It has out grown its place in directory and many
projects will depend on it.  It makes sense to me to see it acquire a
life of its own.

There's a good sized community brewing around MINA.  I'd like to see
more people come forth as committers then see if we can get a proposal
before the ASF board on budding off the MINA project.  IMHO this is
better than creating a separate mailing list.

Right now it would be good to see who favorrs this?  Any comments or for
or against this idea?

How about a little poll:

[ ] +1 MINA should become its own TLP at Apache
[ ] +0/0/-0 Maybe later, or let's get a separate mailing list for now etc.
[ ] -1 MINA should remain at Directory as is

Alex