directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Using Ant + Forrest like Tapestry team does.
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:16:15 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> On 11/15/05, Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've been playing with Maven 2 and splitting MINA into multiple projects.
>>But at this time, Maven 2 documentation is far from perfection, and we have
>>to bother Maven team and manuals to build a satistifiable build system for
>>MINA (and of course for other projects of us)

Trustin,

I am finding Maven 2 to be many times better than Maven 1 and I have
been moving in the direction that we were going to use Maven 2 on
Directory.  I'm not sure what you're looking for for documentation, but
I've figured out what I've needed from looking at other POM examples,
notably the ones in Plexus and Maven 2 SVN, and from directly asking
Brett Maven 2 questions on IRC.  For functionality not yet in Maven 2 I
have been writing plugins (in Java), which I never did for Maven 1 on
account of Jelly.

I only have 1 data point and no personal experience with Ivy, but over
on the Felix project, one user stated coming from the Ivy/Ant setup to
Maven 2/OSGi and finding "My whole development workflow is light years
ahead of my previous ant/nano container/ivy environment."

Enrique