directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [mina] Using Ant + Forrest like Tapestry team does.
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:04:05 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

>Back on topic, one thing that is important is that it is consistent
>with the rest of the project. MINA seems almost like a little island
>within Directory at the moment. It shouldn't go one direction that the
>rest of the project isn't going to take.

It looks crystal clear to me that MINA goes way beyond Directory and is
going into its own direction. Directory kind of served as an incubator
exactly the way Tomcat did for Ant or Digester, or Struts did for
commons-validator, etc...

There's nothing bad from that, it is a very good thing as it helps make
it more robust due to a wider audience as MINA is bound to be integrated
with just about anything that requires such a communication framework.