directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [kerberos] KDC behaves differently on operating systems
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:40:45 GMT
Enrique,

On a Linux box the erodriguez@EXAMPLE.COM test account we usually use
with password set to 'noices' goes through preauth just fine.  However
when the server is running on a windows machine the same account
produces this error:

[root@newton ~]# kinit -f erodriguez@EXAMPLE.COM
Password for erodriguez@EXAMPLE.COM:noices
Exception: krb_error 24 Pre-authentication information was invalid (24)
- Pre-authentication information was invalid Pre-authentication
information was invalid
KrbException: Pre-authentication information was invalid (24) -
Pre-authentication information was invalid
        at sun.security.krb5.KrbAsRep.<init>(DashoA12275:70)
        at sun.security.krb5.KrbAsReq.getReply(DashoA12275:315)
        at sun.security.krb5.KrbAsReq.getReply(DashoA12275:276)
        at sun.security.krb5.internal.tools.Kinit.<init>(DashoA12275:271)
        at sun.security.krb5.internal.tools.Kinit.main(DashoA12275:109)
Caused by: KrbException: Identifier doesn't match expected value (906)
        at sun.security.krb5.internal.af.a(DashoA12275:134)
        at sun.security.krb5.internal.at.a(DashoA12275:63)
        at sun.security.krb5.internal.at.<init>(DashoA12275:58)
        at sun.security.krb5.KrbAsRep.<init>(DashoA12275:53)
        ... 4 more

I'll start debugging to see what's up but perhaps Enrique you can let me
know if you observe this same behavior.  This is on the latest snapshots.

Thanks,
Alex