directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: 0.9.3 JAR question
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:03:48 GMT
Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:

>I have now developed a JBoss SAR project that embeds the server and allows
>some simple JMX control - start/stop/change password etc.

Coolio.

>Futhermore, having spoken to management here, we *would* like to contribute
>this work back to the project.
>
>Perhaps you can email me with details of what you expect of a newbie
>contributer and what the next step should be?

How big is the contribution in size?  If it's small then you can just
hand it off as an attachment.  It will be counted as a patch would be.
Eventually we can get a few more patches from you on this which I am
sure will happen.  Then we can determine if you have enough of an
understanding of the server to make you a committer.

If however the contribution is large then we're going to need to get a
software grant for it along with a CLA from you and CCLA from your
company.  This way you'd automatically become a committer on the
project, especially if the work demonstrates enough proficiency with the
server.

Main thing is I want to be able let you free on the code without having
to watch over your commits.  If you can send more patches to show your
understanding this would ease our concerns.

Sound fair?

Alex