directory-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Bosteels <m.boste...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [mina] Filter management (was Spring Integration)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:23:23 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2005/11/10, Jose Alberto Fernandez <jalberto@cellectivity.com
> <mailto:jalberto@cellectivity.com>>:
>
>     This sound quite distressing, are you saying that almost every
>     piece of
>     MINA code on has needs to be rewritten if/when one wants to move
>     to 0.9?
>

> You can migrate easily.  It is almost a mechanical process.

>     Hope someone is writing a guide on how to move from 0.8 to 0.9 if the
>     changes are this dramatic.
>

> I think you can compare examples and find out what has been changed.
> The change is trivial IMHO.  Please let me know if it is never
> trivial.  I'll write some migration guide.  But I can say most
> protocol doesn't talk longer than 1 hr for migration.

Trustin,  I believe you when you say the migration is trivial.
But when I tried to upgrade from mina 0.8 to 0.9 , I was't aware of the
changes needed, and I got confused. (didn't have much mina experience)
Being under severe time constraints, I  decided to stay on 0.8 for now,
So I think a mini how-to-migrate guide would be nice.

Thanks
Maarten