directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change Password Provider: Java Client?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:39:51 GMT
Matthew J. Smith wrote:
> Hello-
>  I dug this email address (dev@directory.apache.org) out of the Change
> Password Provider source.  I was hoping you could answer a question for
> me: is there a Change Password Client implementation, written in Java?

Not that we know of, though we've looked and we'd love to have one!

There's a client for Linux called 'gnome-kerberos' that can do kpasswd
(in addition to regular kerberos).  I'm not sure if it's still under
development but you can get it off apt.

$ apt-get install gnome-kerberos

> Essentially, I am looking for a FOSS Java class implementing the
> equivalent of the standard kpasswd or kadmin tools, so that I can write
> a tomcat hosted web-based password change form for our MIT Kerberos
> Realm.  I was hoping to find such an implementation within the Change
> Password Provider, perhaps even as a unit test, but I have not.  If the
> Apache Software Foundation does not have such an implementation, I would
> be much appreciative if you could share any knowledge of non-Apache
> implementations.

We test with gnome-kerberos and Windows Security.  But no Java client.

Enrique