directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi RoadMap
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:52:09 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:
> How about Mina? How will Mina exist within an OSGi container?

Short answer, yes.  We have MINA as its own bundle.  The current MINA
bundle registers MINA's SimpleServiceRegistry as the impl of registered
interface ServiceRegistry.  A backing store bundle registers
CoreContextFactory as the impl of the JNDI InitialContext Factory.  Then
each of the protocol providers requires ServiceRegistry and
InitialContextFactory, which the sole exception of NTP, which has no use
for a backing store.  All protocol provider configuration uses the OSGi
standard Config Admin service, which is itself backed with the
InitialContextFactory.

And, as mentioned earlier, we have the JDK Prefs SPI backed be the JNDI
provider, which will further get wrapped to provide the OSGi Preferences
Service.

I also did a User Admin implementation a long time ago, but against
Prevayler.  We plan to update that to also use the JNDI provider, which
is a natural choice for storing users and authorization information.

Last, but not least, we've got the console 'load' command which
implements Felix' command interface.

Enrique