directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi RoadMap
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:41:40 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Lyndon Washington wrote:
>
>> Not that these two issues are directly dependent on one another, but
>> will that mean that people who use Eclipse for the development
>> environments, would be able to integrate the "OSGi enable components"
>> with the new Equinox <http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/> project?
>
> Yes.  The OSGi container used should not matter: felix or the eclipse
> runtime.

In general our components will run on any OSGi container.  The notable
exception is console commands.  The OSGi specs do not include console
interfaces, so if you write console commands they are
implementation-specific.  I have one for loading LDIFs that only work on
Apache Felix, but the actual command wrapper is very thin ... the guts
are the LdifLoader from the apacheds core.

Enrique