directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [mina] Trying to build mina from trunk...
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:10:15 GMT
Irving, Dave wrote:

>> SSLFilter depends on Java 5 SSLEngine.  Other parts works fine with
> Java  1.4. :)
>> It would be great if we can support SSL for Java 1.4.
>
> Yeah - I haven't looked in to it much, but it seems like SSLEngine is
> designed for non-blocking use. Dont know if there is anything similar
> for pre java 5.
>
> Whats the long term plan for versioning support? Is it possible that
> there might still be a pre java 5 official mina distribution (for
> those of us who are prepared to not use SSL)?
> Or should I just pull myself out of the dark-ages and try and upgrade
> to java 5?

I think its still ok to stay on 1.4.  I have this problem myself but I
think we're going to break up the single project in mina into multiple
projects for a multiproject maven configuration.  This should fix issues
with building the mina core verses these add-on features that depend on
JDK 1.5.

Laters,
Alex