directory-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Bosteels <m.boste...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [mina] Spring integration
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:27:11 GMT
Niklas Therning wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've played around a bit with getting Mina to work nicely with Spring.
>Right now the Mina classes are quite Dependency Injection unfriendly.
>But by implementing a few Spring FactoryBeans it is possible to make
>Mina easily configurable using Spring, at least for my needs.

I love this idea. I haven't yet tried to set up my mina objects with
Spring, except for my ProtocolHandler.
But if I understand it correctly, these FactoryBeans will depend on
Spring interfaces.
Trustin, that's probably why you want to postpone it until MINA is
multi-project ?

Wouldn't it be much easier if we make the relevant mina classes
Dependency Injection friendly ?
without depending on spring (after all that's the idea behind DI).

And people using other DI frameworks would also appreciate it.
Or is this too much work ?

Maarten