directory-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Cullen <colincul...@earthlink.net>
Subject [MINA] message delimiters.
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:01:35 GMT
Hi All,

I am having a little problem with my messaging.  I have modeled my app similar to the way
the SumUp example application works.  Things work fine as long as my messages are delimited
by using \r\n at the end of the message.  I would like to use a different single byte delimiter
(0x03) (if possible? for compatiblity with the current client base) to end my messages, but
I can't seem to get this to work (actually I don't know how to get this to work).  I decided
to try using my test client against both the echo example and the reverser example, to see
if it behaves in the same manner in this regard.  Both work fine as long as I use something
like this to write my message:

            out = new PrintWriter(socket.getOutputStream(), true);
            out.println(payload); // contains /r/n ending to msg

But if I leave off the \r\n, e.g.,

            out = new PrintWriter(socket.getOutputStream(), true);
            out.print(payload); // no /r/n on the print

Then both echo and reverser servers neglect to forward the message on to the rest of the framework
-- which is the same behavior I get from my server.

I am using SimpleServiceRegistry to initiate the framework.  I am new to NIO and I am not
sure what I am missing.  Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Colin