directory-dev mailing list archives

From <...@gmx.de>
Subject [mina] Realization question
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:01:30 GMT
Hi,

I take notice of mina today. I think it's a very very useful and modern
framework. Before I study mina any further I like to know if my project
could be realized with it:

Because of the UDP packet limitation I split the UDP data as follows to be
able to send large messages with this protocol:

UDP packet := [UDP header] [UDP data]
UDP data := [MyHeader][MyData]
MyHeader := [Flags][Fragment nr.][Message ID]

So, with [MyHeader] it's possible to send many ([Message ID]) and large
(reassembled with the help of the [Fragment nr.]) messages based on UDP.

I implemented this protocol on application level within java 5.*. Now I
think it would be much better to use mina to concrete this project. Do you
think this all could be easily done and implemented by mina???

How would you proceed?? What could be the first steps?

Thanks for your answer,
Chris