directory-dev mailing list archives

From daune...@daune-consult.com
Subject Re: [mina] Mina 1.0 roadmap
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:13:00 GMT
Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi J-F,
>
> 2005/11/15, daune.jf@daune-consult.com <daune.jf@daune-consult.com>:
>>
>> I have updated our code to Mina 0.9 trunk. It was fairly easy, and I take
>> the
>> opportunity to congratulate you all. It is a real improvement!
>

> Great to hear that! :)
>
> My customer asked me if he could consider the server as stable. I replied
>> that
>> we must wait until 1.0 is released, and expect some additional (yet, I
>> hope,
>> minor) changes.
>>
>> He then of course asked me when 1.0 will be released. Do you have a
>> roadmap for
>> 1.0?
>

> Well, release date is not set yet. At least 1~2 month after 0.9 is released
> unless there's no more request for enhancement for that time frame. :)
>
> Needless to say that we are really looking forward to a stable release.
>> From our
>> perspective, we can live without some features but hardly with unstable
>> APIs.
>

> I understand your position, and we'll do our best. Thank you for your
> constant support.

Thank to you for your constant good work, and excellent support.

So, we will wait for 0.9 then 1.0 official releases.

I wish you can release 1.0 as soon as you have a stable API and sufficient set
of features, and plan additional features for further minor releases. This
could shorten release time.

I guess I am not the only one waiting for 1.0...

Keep up the good work,

J-F