directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Object serialization integration to ByteBuffer (Re: Decoding/Encoding UTF representation)
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:02:16 GMT
This is something that we can work on.

The main problem with this approach is that we have to describe the way
some objects are to be serialized. We can't rely on standard
serialization of HashMaps, Strings and aother java structures.

The second point would be to choose the best encoding solution. BER is
pretty verbose compared to PER, but as we won't benefit from many of the
PER advantages, this is not a real problem.

Last, I'm not sure that using ASN.1 against standard serialization will
really lead to improvment in performance. This has to be checked.

--Emmanuel