directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Performances again ...
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:02:30 GMT
After having switched to Twix codec, I got a drastic speed improvment :

1 thread, 2000 bind, search, unbind :
* August 30 benchmark : 120.5 req/s
* November 19 benchmark with Snickers : 107 req/s
* November 19 benchmark with Twix : 151 req/s
* August 30 OpenLdap benchmark : 165 req/s

5 threads, 400 bind, search, unbind :
* August 30 benchmark : 143.2 req/s
* November 19 benchmark with Snickers : 109 req/s
* November 19 benchmark with Twix : 172 req/s
* August 30 OpenLdap benchmark : 181 req/s

So we actually get a 20 % speed improvment, and we are closing the gap
with OpenLdap.

WARNING : this is not a valid benchmark of ApacheDS !!! This is just a
way to check that the server behaves correctly when using multi-users.
The collected numbers are also a good way to validate that the
improvments are real.

--Emmanuel.