directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r345612 - in /directory/shared/ldap/trunk/common/src/main/java/org/apache/ldap/common: name/DnParser.java schema/DnComparator.java
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:18:42 GMT

> >Added a brutal and rude synchronization to avoid a race condition in DnParser usage.
> >
> >At least, it corrects the problem, but the server is now 3 times slower.
> >

> Darn I was enjoying the recent speed ups too.  We need to figure this
> one out.

Well, after having tuned the log level, the penalty is not that awfull :
something like 30%.

I got 113 search requests per second, against 143 req/s four month ago.

There are huge areas of optimization to work on, but from now one, I bet
the first move is to finalize the 1.0 beta. We don't need a blazing fast
server which is full of bugs ;)

-- Emmanuel