directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Eclipse for ApacheDS Building
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:18:41 GMT
On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 15:59 -0500, Lyndon Washington wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Lyndon

> I have referred to the great notes on the wiki @
> http://wiki.apache.org/directory/IdeHome for setting up the Eclipse
> environment to build the various pieces.  I was wondering if someone
> had an up-to-date .classpath and .project file that incorporated the
> latest jars from the maven registry/repository.

Yep, I've one, and as I've changed my mind yesturday on the way to build
ApacheDS, I didn't updated the .classpath and the wiki yet.

What I do is basically checkout all the code in a special directory
*outside* of the workspace, then I import the projects into the
workspace.

Then I run maven *outside* of eclipse (do *NOT* use mevenide, it's pure
cr@p, it will fvck-vp your project.xml) on each project ( into each
trunk, just do a 'maven multiproject:install', or a 'maven -Dgoal=clean
multiproject:goal' followed by a 'maven -Dgoal=test multiproject:goal'

you will find the .classpath.tar.gz and .project.tar.gz attached.

just push a mail if something goes wrong ;)