directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Niklas Therning" <nik...@trillian.se>
Subject RE: [mina] Spring integration
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:06:57 GMT
Hi,

Personally I would like to see Mina becoming more DI friendly without having
to resort to Spring specific FactoryBeans. I will take a look at the code to
see what would have to be refactored. Most of what I've seen so far only
requires trivial changes (like the setBlacklist() method in the
BlacklistFilter class). FilterChains on the other hand will be a bit harder
I think.

/Niklas

-----Original Message-----
From: Maarten Bosteels [mailto:m.bosteels@pandora.be]
Sent: den 2 november 2005 12:27
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: [mina] Spring integration

Niklas Therning wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've played around a bit with getting Mina to work nicely with Spring.
>Right now the Mina classes are quite Dependency Injection unfriendly.
>But by implementing a few Spring FactoryBeans it is possible to make
>Mina easily configurable using Spring, at least for my needs.

I love this idea. I haven't yet tried to set up my mina objects with
Spring, except for my ProtocolHandler.
But if I understand it correctly, these FactoryBeans will depend on
Spring interfaces.
Trustin, that's probably why you want to postpone it until MINA is
multi-project ?

Wouldn't it be much easier if we make the relevant mina classes
Dependency Injection friendly ?
without depending on spring (after all that's the idea behind DI).

And people using other DI frameworks would also appreciate it.
Or is this too much work ?

Maarten