just a thought on JE, what if the partition type was just in a seperate project site (ie sourceforge), then its not an issue (though a bit harder to distribute).

marc

Trustin Lee wrote:

> Though it is a unfortunate news for us ...

Yeah I expected this :(.

> Currently JDBM doesn't support multiple outstanding (concurrent)
> transactions. If you need this, you have to either write an additional
> layer on top of JDBM or serialize access to the RecordManager for each
> of your transactions.
>
> alex

Serializing access to the RecordManager for writes will kill write
performance. Heh, not that write performance is anything spectacular at
the moment. Using JE would have made a massive difference here.

We have no choice but to write an additional layer on top of JDBM. If we
do this I would like the resultant layer around JDBM to appear as much
as possible like JE WRT transaction handling. This is because I would
like it to be really easy to implement the JE partition by reusing some
of the JDBM partition machinery: I already started tinkering. Eventually
(because of licensing issues) we can offer the better JE partition as a
separate plugable download from safehaus.org or sourceforge.net. We
still need JDBM though here at Directory.