directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Whitlock <jcscoob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [naming] Enable Remote JNDI Access
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:30:29 GMT
Phil,
I want to use ApacheDS but it does not store binary data right now due to a
bug and its not scheduled to be fixed for a few weeks. Basically, I want to
have a lightweight directory for storing MBean/References in the directory
so that I can use JNDI to get to them easily. This approach is similar to
what Geronimo does with it's MBeans and what Weblogic does with it's MBeans.
That being said, I do know that ApacheDS is the directory used in Geronimo
so I don't know why it would work for them but not for me but that is the
information I got from #directory-dev on freenode, the same people that told
me to contact you. Ideally, I would like to have the lightweight provider in
[naming] but have it networkable. It would be nice not to have the overhead
of LDAP but I can go that route if needed. Thanks for getting back to me and
for sharing your ideas.

Take care,
Jeremy