directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Burmester <...@plushpix.com>
Subject RE: [MINA] Troubleshooting under heavy load
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:55:57 GMT
One thing you might double check is the network between your client
machines and the server.  I was having wierd timeouts when load testing
past a certain point and finally after running ethereal on both the client
and the server found that some router or firewall between my server and
client was sort of treating my load test like a denial of service attack
and would silently drop connections.

Unlikely in your situation but worth checking if Trustin blesses your
decoder.

Alex.

 On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Oscar Herrera
wrote:

> Hi Trustin. Thank you so much for your help once again. Actually I migrated to MINA 0.8
but I'm still having the same issue, any idea what could be causing this?

> Thank you so much,
>
> Oscar Herrera
> Developer

the following exception: org.apache.mina.protocol.ProtocolViolationException: Invalid message
termination character! (Hexdump: empty). Full stack is attached to this mail.
> 	- No, actually is MINA 0.74
>

> Please upgrade to  0.8.0.  You'll be able to upgrade very easily.  Please let me know
if you have any difficulties.

> 	- Yes, I did, there's two choices as far as I understand, 1st connection gets lost,
that seems not to be happening, never see that event on the load tester stack trace. Second
flip the buffer, I'm doing so, and I think this couldn't be the cause because otherwise I
wouldn't be receiving the other messages before that number of users.