directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <SZOER...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Newbe help - startup problems....
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:11:37 GMT
Hi Jesper,

Thanks for your interest in Apache Directory Server!

I was able to reproduce your error. There may be a better solution, but an
easy way to start it in your situation is to use a configuration file.
In 0.9.2 configuration was changed to a spring based XML file. You can
find an up to date example file "server.xml" in the subversion of the
project here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/directory/apacheds/trunk/main/server.xml

The current revision does not work with 0.9.2. But you can uses this one,
it works fine (at least the error disappeared):

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/directory/apacheds/trunk/main/server.xml?rev=240160

You start the server simply like this

java -jar apacheds-main-0.9.2.jar server.xml

The XML-file contains interesting parameters for you:
- username and password of the admin user
- port on which LDAP is listening (10389 per default)
- whether anonymous access is allowed (false per default) ...

Feel free to ask if the problem persists after using this server.xml file
(we have to adjust the documentation anyway).

I hope that helps + Greetings from Hamburg,
    Stefan