directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject [MINA] Some Questions
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:32:03 GMT
Hi guys,

We are evaluating the use of MINA as the server kernel for one of our
projects.

I have been roaming around on the site and the code and have some
questions.

1)       Are there any stress test numbers or profiling that has been
done? I have not come across anything yet.

2)       I have been looking at the way things are done in MINA and in
particular at the ServiceRegistry API and it seem that any filters that
one sets up apply to all ports and protocols. So I could not have SSL
setup on one port and no-SSL in another. Is this the case? One would
think that one should be able to set-up such filtering in a Service by
Service basis (i.e., http vs. https).

3)       While trying to understand (2) I noticed the following code in
SimpleServiceRegistry:

219
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#219#219>      private void
startThreadPools()
220
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#220#220>      {
221
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#221#221>          if(
!services.isEmpty() )
222
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#222#222>              return;
223
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#223#223>
224
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#224#224>
ioThreadPoolFilter.start();
225
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#225#225>
protocolThreadPoolFilter.start();
226
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#226#226>      }

227
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/xref/org/apache/mina/re
gistry/SimpleServiceRegistry.html#227#227>

Is this correct? You only start the thread pools when there are no
services? Looks odd.

Thanks in advance,

Jose Alberto Fernandez Redonet