directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <nickf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upgrading to nlog4j.1.2.17
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:40:51 GMT
Jerome,

Yes, in standalone mode it isn't an issue.

For embedded, you could switch your underlying implementation if
needed. It would, however, be against the very purpose of the SLF4J
facade to adopt a secondary logging frameworking by switching to a
slf4j alternative logger because your logging library of choice was
log4j!

Also, it introduces some policing to ensure that nlog4j and log4j are
not on the same classpath. It's another factor which could be gotten
wrong.

As Emmanuel said in reply to your email, Ceki is thinking on this
right now.

Cheers,
Nick