directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Oscar Herrera" <oherr...@studiocom.com>
Subject RE: [MINA] Troubleshooting under heavy load
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 04:44:06 GMT
Hi Justin.

- By emtpy messages I mean the client receives them, but when it is parsing them appears the
following exception: org.apache.mina.protocol.ProtocolViolationException: Invalid message
termination character! (Hexdump: empty). Full stack is attached to this mail.
- No, actually is MINA 0.74
- Yes, I did, there's two choices as far as I understand, 1st connection gets lost, that seems
not to be happening, never see that event on the load tester stack trace. Second flip the
buffer, I'm doing so, and I think this couldn't be the cause because otherwise I wouldn't
be receiving the other messages before that number of users.

Thank you so much in advance for your help,

Oscar Herrera
Developer

________________________________

From: Trustin Lee [mailto:trustin@gmail.com]
Sent: Sun 10/30/2005 9:25 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: [MINA] Troubleshooting under heavy load

Hi,

2005/10/31, Oscar Herrera <oherrera@studiocom.com>:

	I've been working on a game server, and the goal is to support 1000 users per server playing
at the same time, server is coordinating all clients on remote machines. To be able to test
the server on how many users it supports, we built a load tester using MINA also. So I use
5 computers getting connected to the same server using the load tester, each one simulates
200 users. Everything works fine until the server gets around 260 users connected at the same
time, from than time ahead, server starts sending empty messages to the clients. My team and
I have been trying to figure out what might be happening unsuccessfully so far.

	Have anyone had an issue like this before using MINA?, any clue on what could be causing
this strange behavior?

* What do you mean by an 'empty message'?
* Which version of MINA are you using?  I hope you're using 0.8.0.
* Did you check the FAQ?

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/