directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Cullen, Colin" <ccu...@ebs.com>
Subject RE: [mina] MINA build and help with SVN
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:34:51 GMT
Alex,

...Ok, now I see.  I can use the distros found at the download link of
the mina site.  What I wanted was the source, so that I could review
mina in detail -- I see that the source is included in the distro.

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,
Colin

7 mina $ cd mina
>$ maven jar     # Build JAR
>$ maven site    # Generate documentation
>$ maven eclipse # Generate Eclipse project file if you want
>
>This works fine, but how would I specify a different version, and the
>SNAPSHOT version?

You'll need to check out a different tag or branch.  A branch will most
likely produce a SNAPSHOT whereas a tag will be for a non-SNAPSHOT'd
version.  This should usually be the case but tags can be taken of a
SNAPSHOT in time.  Just take a look in the project.xml to figure out
what's going to be built.

> I have attempted to replace the 0.7 with 0.9, and 0.9-SNAPSHOT, and
> 0.74, etc., without success.  Please point me in the right direction.

First off most of the tagged releases should be available as jars from
the maven repo or from Apache mirrors in a distro.  So no need to build
this stuff unless you want to fork it and customize it for some reason
off a release.

Usually the latest SNAPSHOT is available on
http://cvs.apache.org/respository.  However if its not and you want the
bleeding edge just check out the branch or the trunk.  Look at the
project.xml's currentVersion tag to determine what the version for that
branch.

The leading edge for MINA is 0.9 and its in the trunk.

Good luck,
Alex

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is intended only for
the stated addressee.  If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate
or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. if you have received
this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your
system.

EBS Dealing Resources International Limited. Registered address: 10 Paternoster Square, London
EC4M 7DY, United Kingdom. Registered number 2669861.

EBS Dealing Resources, Inc, registered in Delaware. Address: 535 Madison Avenue, 24th Floor,
New York, NY 10022, USA, and One upper Pond road, Building F - Floor 3, Parsippany, NJ 07054,
USA.

EBS Dealing Resources Japan Limited, a Japanese Corporation. Address: Asteer Kayabacho Bldg,
6th Floor, 1-6-1, Shinkawa, Chuo-Ku,  Tokyo 104-0033, Japan.