directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Release] Remaining JIRA issues for 0.9.3 roadmap
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:34:11 GMT
Hi Alex,

2005/10/25, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:

> [0] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIREVE-164 (Trustin)
> My take on these issues:
>
> 0 - not worried about it since change can be made any time: we can push
> it out

I've found our implementation (apacheds-core) throws an LdapNamingException
with LDAP-specific error codes such as ALIASPROBLEM. I thought we can stop
all classes from throwing LdapNamingException and make them throw
NamingException instead, and then ExceptionService can convert them to
corresponding LdapNamingExceptions 1:1. But it's not 1:1 right now. So I
cannot divide ExceptionService into IntegrityService and ExceptionService
currently.

I guess we need to standardize which type of exceptions we should throw for
consistency. NamingException or LdapNamingException? I think
LdapNamingException is the way to go.

Once decided, I'll modify the core ASAP.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/